We revisit this episode which was originally published in July, 2019.
As a teenager growing up in Kansas, Becca Pendarvis spent her summers doing everything she could to get as tan as possible. Now a mother of a seventeen year-old daughter, she has spent the last eight years dealing with Stage 4 Melanoma skin cancer.
During our conversation we discussed:
- Why she loves living in New York City and how living there helped her cope with her cancer.
- The common misconceptions about Skin Cancer.
- How to use A-B-C-D-E to identify possible skin cancers.
- The fact that she's now N.E.D. (No Evidence of Disease) after initially being told she had 9 - 18 months to live.
- The impact her illness had on her daughter.
- Camp Kesem - a nationwide community that supports the children of parents affected by cancer - and how it helped her daughter.
- Her thoughts on tanning and tanning beds.
Links Mentioned In the Show
Camp Kesem - https://campkesem.org/
Know the ABCDEs of Skin Cancer - https://www.skincancer.org/skin-cancer-information/melanoma/melanoma-warning-signs-and-images/do-you-know-your-abcdes
Follow Becca on Instagram - https://instagram.com/notanisworthdyingfor
Follow Becca on Twitter - https://twitter.com/beccapendarvis
WE Have Cancer Links
Subscribe to the show - https://pod.link/wehavecancer
Follow WE Have Cancer on Social Media
Like our Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/wehavecancershow/
Join our private Facebook group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/wehavecancershow/
Follow us on Twitter - https://twitter.com/wehavecancerpod
Follow us on Instagram - https://instagram.com/wehavecancerpod
Follow us on LinkedIn - https://linkedin.com/company/wehavecancer