As a breast cancer survivor, Sylvie Leotin understands the the unseen needs of cancer patients. As a former ballerina and computer scientist, Sylvie seeks to integrate the mind, body and heart to live a more meaningful life.
During our conversation we discussed:
- The importance of mindfullness and meditation and the role it plays in her healing.
- Why she wakes up in the middle of the night to meditate.
- How her training as a ballerina helped her to become self-compassionate.
- Why it's difficult for patients to hear phrases like "congratulations on finishing treatment" and "you beat cancer!"
- How working in Lean Innovation in Silicon Valley has changed how she looks at cancer treatment centers and how they interact with patients.
Links Mentioned In the WE Have Cancer Podcast
Sylvie's Blog, The Voice of the Cancer Patient - https://sylvieleotin.com/
Sylvie's article in the Journal of Patient Experience, "An Insider View of the Cancer Radiation Experience Through the Eyes of a Cancer Patient." - https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/2374373519832604
Connect with Sylvie on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/sleotin
Connect with Sylvie on Twitter - https://twitter.com/sleotin
Connect with Sylvie on Instagram - https://instagram.com/sleotin